18 November 2009

The Great, the Good, and the Strange


I got my care package from Dad, Twe and Troy today! I was so happy to get the cheerios and rainy-day mac & cheese that I love so much! The spices and contact solution were much needed and the new knives are wonderful (I cut myself only a couple days ago with our crappy kitchen knives--thank you, thank yoU!). Know I have some DVDs to watch and a new mixed cd, too! And Dad, thanks for loaning me mini-Opus. It's nice to have a friend to snuggle with on rainy days!








Today turned out to be wonderfully sunny after lunch! I took advantage of it and went jogging down by the canal. It was very beautiful, with clear blue sky and still-green hillside under Le Sabot but also quite muddy.

I slid in some mud and caught myself with my lefthand by falling on some plants. At first I thought my hand was full of stickers or prickles or something, but I realized there was some kind of chemical/allergic reaction happening. I finished my run quickly, and headed back to the house, where I washed my hand off--it was stinging and burning and starting to swell up in a weird rash. Just in time I remembered I have some hydrocortisone with me. This seems to have helped a lot, but it still feels oddly tingly. Anyone have any similar experiences? The only thing I could thing of was poison ivy or something, but this definitely looked different...

And now I'm off to see about this art class thing...perhaps I will discover hidden talents? Hmmm. Je doute. :)

2 comments:

  1. sounds like nettles... they hurt like a bitch. however, if you dry them or cook them, you can make tea or ravioli... they are kind of stringy, but otherwise yummy, and very good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, nettle ravioli, really? my mind is boggled...we'll have to tackle that one next time!

    ReplyDelete